1. Please post these rules!
2. Post 8 facts about your character!
3. Tag 8 other characters, list their names and their creators!
4. Tag-backs are fine!
- Adderstrike’s family comes from a line of influential figures that were present when the Clan was just beginning. Since the Clan originally branched from canon ShadowClan (and is presently a collection of ShadowClan-blooded, rogue and loner cats), he carries ShadowClan blood. He takes pride in his family status and is a hard-working member of his Clan. Consequently, being born privileged and never knowing the struggles of some of his Clanmates, he is a narcissist with an inflated ego.
- He’s also a bit of a classist. While usually mild-mannered, he can be passive-aggressive to some of the lower ranking cats and will make an effort to silence them during Clan gatherings.
- In this universe/era, a lot of the she-cats are not regarded as equals (as compared to the canon series). Adderstrike himself is a bit of a misogynist (read: a large misogynist)
- That being said, many Clan cats were very surprised when he took on a rather low-ranking female, Mallowfur, as his mate. Many speculate the circumstances of their coming together, whether it be out of true-love, or something else.
- He’s had three litters with Mallowfur, his latest includes Mapleflame. He’s rather distant with his children, but (obviously) slightly less so with his sons.
- Despite how bad he seems, a lot of his ideologies match up with the Clan’s, albeit his are more on the extreme side. He’s a strong and competent fighter and a quick-thinker, traits that have saved his Clan many times from raids by outsider-feral cats. He is regarded highly in the Clan and is even a consult of the leader. His excellence in battle has earned him the nickname “Sergeant”.
- He got his scars from a skirmish with a group of outsiders who were trying to take a part of their territory. During the battle, he managed to pin and kill the leader’s daughter. After the leader found out, he attacked Adderstrike in a rage, leaving deep cuts in his shoulder and face before Adderstrike promptly ended his life as well.
- Strangely enough, when Adderstrike’s death comes, it isn’t by battle. He perishes at the hands of a mysterious and horrid sickness that wipes out a huge portion of the Clan’s population. Their medicine cat wasn't able to stop it and once it took it’s toll on it’s victims, it seemingly vanished and the rest of the Clan remained unaffected.
- Contrary to Adderstrike’s early life, Nightmask was born of a more middle-to-low class family, which ultimately meant that he was to become an individual with slightly less prestige and value to the Clan.
- Being born into a “lesser” family, he and his siblings didn’t get as much to eat during their growing stages. (Often times, stronger, higher class cats got to eat first. Lower class cats could either pick off scraps or hunt for themselves) That particular hunting season was more uneventful than usual, which led to Nightmask’s growth to be stunted. He’s below average in size to the other males and is only slightly larger than the females.
- Despite all this, Nightmask still works hard. He’s respectful, duteous and is just as hardworking as many of the upper-class members, but his status often means his hard work is overlooked.
- Nightmask will try to convince you that he’s happy with his life, but he secretly (and bitterly) wishes that he could have more…or at least have equal with the higher ups.
- Though he seems like an “average Joe”, Nightmask is pretty troubled and actually holds quite a lot of secrets; secret thoughts, secret feelings and secrets of others. Whether or not he’s good at keeping them depends completely on the circumstance.
- One of these secrets is that he absolutely despises Adderstrike. He masks these feelings with respect and passiveness, mostly out of his fear of him, which is equally as strong as his hatred.
- Normally, Nightmask is very thoughtful and decent-mannered towards all of the Clan members, including members who would not normally receive as much kindness. (she-cats, low-ranking members, etc.) Sadly, this adds more reason for the "stronger" males to scoff and look down on him.
- When he’s not helping the Clan, he usually like to go away by himself and get lost in his thoughts. He tries not to let these thoughts become too desirous, ambitious even, but sometimes he can’t help it. Later on, a she-cat begins joining him on these small expeditions, which helps distract him from these self-consuming thoughts for a while...
Bonus: He was originally designed by @/Gleeful-BarnOwl
I'm going to cheat a lil because I'm much too lazy to do tags, but please feel free to do this meme if you're interested! ;v ;; (if you'd like, you can send me a couple of your characters in the comments and i can suggest one that i'd like to learn more about!)